What to expect for all ages and levels!
Here we provide a step by step guide from how to register, academy protocols, your first class and how to manage your or your child's martial arts growth for the best learning and physical experience possible and stay the course to black belt!
What is kickboxing?
Easy as 1,2,3!
1. Do you or your child need martial arts? If your answer is yes to any of the following move on to number 2!
- Low self confidence or value?
- Needing discipline, commitment and accountability?
- Lack of focus or drive?
- Scared of attackers or bullies and have low ability to defend yourself or loved ones?
- In poor physical shape, maybe overweight or weak or inflexible?
- Need to improve your interaction skills and gain friends?
- Security, first responder or law enforcement?
- Have anger or anxiety issues?
- Does your child need positive physical and mental development and a strong male role models?
- Is your child being bullied at school or siblings getting into fights?
2. How to register/pay
- Have a look at the schedule page to assure the class times, arts and ages suit your needs.
- If your good to go simply click on the "register tab" at the bottom of this page.
- You may purchase a 2 week unlimited trial to experience the facility, instructors and arts taught.
-If your ready to become a member simply click the plan that suits you best 1, 2, 3 or unlimited classes a week.
(ALL MEMBERSHIPS ALLOW ENTRY TO KICKBOXING, BJJ AND YOGA CLASSES)
- If its a child registering or bjj teen/adult student they'll need a uniform and belt. Click on the "Shop" page and select a kickboxing or bjj uniform and belt. Don't worry about the size or colour, we take care of that. Gloves and shin guards are recommended and available on the page. The WVMA pro shop stocks all gear right on site.
- Last step is to email us with your full registration details -
* Name of student and date of birth (if child) and name of parents
* e-mail address, home address, tell number, emergency contact
* State membership (chosen/paid online) and the registration date
* Credit card number, exp date and CVC for the monthly membership (can also call this in to the front desk or leave it on VM.
- You will receive an email after your registration is loaded to "Zen Planner", our membership management system. It will there automatically send you a password to log into Zen and e sign the participation waiver and membership agreement.
(NOTE: STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO TAKE PART IN CLASSES, KIDS OR ADULTS UNTIL THIS STEP IS COMPLETE)
3. Your first class and beyond!
- Please show up 15 minutes early before your first class to be fitted for your or your child's own uniform or if its a bjj uniformed class one will be lent to you and after class please place it in the hamper provided in the changerooms. Bring a water bottle to fill.
- Classes are 60 minutes and Little Ninjas is 45. We have covered parking marked WVMA or visiter off 25th street.
- We have an observation bar and chairs to watch your child's first few classes and have a beverage. WIFI also available.
- If your on a 2 week trial please let the instructors know how you or your child are doing and advise the front desk of what membership is best suited for you just before the trial ends.
- The WVMA difference! All kids and teens get a report card at the end of each month. This helps them know where there shining and where improvement is needed. Students are eligible every 8-10 classes, (Little Ninjas 1 per class) attended to receive a degree (stripe) on their belt.
- Belt promotion tests/demos and belting ceremonies are at the end of each month in the last 30 minutes of the last class of the month. (Parents are encouraged to attend as framed certificates or rank will be awarded. You'll be sent an email if your child is eligible for a belt promotion.
- Please read the admin fee structure and academy policies for holds, belt promotions, cancellations and declined payments ext. located on the registration page.
KICKBOXING BELT LEVELS
LITTLE NINJAS AGE 4-6 WITH 16 DEGREES PER BELT
KIDS/TEEN AGE 7 AND UP WITH 4 DEGREES PER BELT
BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU BELT LEVELS
(KIDS) AGE 15 AND UNDER WITH 12 DEGREES EARNED PER BELT
(ADULTS) AGE 16 AND UP WITH 4 DEGREES